Manuka Honey, exclusively from New Zealand, is produced from the two plants that are known as the New Zealand tea trees, infusing this very special honey with healing properties that are above and beyond those of any other honey, and making it a potent ingredient for natural skin care.
Because of the highly advanced non-peroxide activity, which is extremely stable and not affected by light and heat, it has gained desirability and popularity in treating all kinds of conditions, internal and external, medical and cosmetic.
Manuka Honey benefits include all of the benefits of honey for skin care from domestic honey, with enhanced qualities, not the least of which is flavor! Honey beauty is effective, gentle, and tasty!
Special qualities of Manuka Honey, in regards to natural skin care, are that:
- It reduces scarring by drawing body fluids and nutrients to the wound area and assisting new cell growth. It can prevent a scar from forming by keeping the wound moist. This is because it is a humectant, and because it provides nutrients to tissues in the form of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, stimulating tissue regeneration.
- Manuka Honey is highly effective against antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria
- It not only stimulates tissue regeneration, but also stimulates new blood vessel growth by angiogenesis, which is an important natural process, vital for wound healing, without scabbing, so no scarring.
- The acidity of manuka honey helps release oxygen from hemoglobin to additionally benefit new, growing cells, and stimulates white blood cells.
- The hydrogen peroxide content of honey promotes wound healing, and also has an insulin-like effect.
- Manuka Honey has an anti-inflammatory action, which soothes and reduces swelling.
Put all that together with the basic properties of honey for skin care, and you have another little golden miracle from nature!
Manuka Honey Skin Recipes
Tap into the properties of Manuka Honey by using it to cleanse your skin. This is great for any skin type, and especially effective for those with skin irritations or lesions caused by rosacea, acne, eczema, mature skin, aging skin.
Manuka Honey is also a great alternative to domestic honey in the formulation of a homemade honey mask, increasing effectiveness.
Use straight from the bottle, or try natural skincare products that contain Manuka Honey in formulations designed to make the most of the exciting skin benefits.
Everyday Soap- Manuka Honey and Royal Jelly
Huni UMF 20+ Skincare Gift Pack #2 - 4 x 25ml
Activated Acne Cream - 50g
Active Manuka Honey Cream - 50g
Colloidal Silver Cream with UMF16 Manuka Honey - 200g
Huni, Everyday Moisturizer - 50ml
Huni, Anytime Toning Mist - 150ml
More at the Honey Shop!
The Honey Shop also carries Royal Jelly, beeswax products, and lots more. They also have a Honeydew Honey that's amazing to eat - YUM!
Use Manuka Honey for your Honey Mask Recipes!
Why use Honey in skin care?
Healing benefits of Tea Tree Oil