Apple Cider Vinegar Remedies
Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries for skin care and many home remedies, as well as countless household tasks.
Over the counter, pasteurized vinegar is not as effective in skin care as natural, organic vinegar containing "the Mother". It will look slightly cloudy at the bottom of the bottle and should clearly state it on the label.
Why it's good:
1) Vinegar promotes circulation in the small capillaries the feed the skin.
2) Regulates the PH balance
3) Antioxidant to fight free radicals.
4) Helps relieve inflammation
5) Can be used as an antiseptic disinfectant for healing sores and blemishes
6) Ascetic acid in the vinegar can cut through oils
7) Malic acid (natural alpha hydroxy acid) exfoliates dead skin cells and clogged pores
8) Contains potassium which promotes skin, cell and tissue growth.
For Your Skin:
1) Relieve irritation from itchy skin issues like hives, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, diaper rash, chicken pox, insect bites, poison oak or ivy. Dab directly on affected area, or soak in a bathing solution of 1 cup water to 1 cup vinegar.
2) Dry skin can be soothed by adding a cup of ACV to your bath water, balancing the alkalinity that can often cause dry skin.
If your hands are dry in the winter or from alkali housecleaning products, rub with apple cider vinegar and rinse before massaging with olive oil. This will rebalance the PH in your skin and replenish the moisture barrier.
3) Scalp conditions like dandruff and even hair loss can benefit with a treatment of ACV. For dandruff, use a half and half solution of ACV and water, working it into your scalp and letting it sit for 15 minutes before you shampoo your hair. The treatment will calm your scalp and stimulate your hair follicles.
4) Shampoo build up can sometimes make your hair dull and lifeless. Rinsing with a solution of about 1/2 cup ACV to a quart of water will cut through the buildup and let your hair shine.
5) Lighten age spots by dabbing on the areas you want lightened every night before bed and leaving it on overnight. You should see results in about a month.
6) Swimmer's ear? Drop in a solution made up of equal parts rubbing alcohol and apple cider vinegar to dry up the annoying moisture and fight against bacterial infection.
7) Balance oily skin and dissolve oil buildup in your pores, allowing pores to exfoliate without becoming clogged.
8) Apple cider vinegar can help to improve your acne and reduce the oil on your skin's surface. By using 10% vinegar to 90% water dabbed on the face 2-3 times a day, or after washing, you should see an improvement in redness, flaking, and additional breakouts. The solution will help balance skin PH, dissolve unwanted oil, provide an antiseptic, improves scarring, and aids in the circulation that will help flush toxins from the skin.
You can increase the amount of vinegar in the water/vinegar ratio as you see how your skin reacts. Yes, it smells like vinegar. Is that so bad? The smell will dissipate pretty quickly, but the effects will stay around much longer!